Skip to main content

5 Things I Hate About Parenting

5 Things I Hate About Parenting

Don't worry, one of my hates is not my own child...not today anyway!

I love being a parent, I could never have imagined just how much I would enjoy it, but since it started I have slowly built up a small list of things that really do get on my nerves! I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

1. Car Seats
They do a brilliant job of keeping your tiny person safe, but boy are they heavy and as your baby piles on the pounds the two combined seems near impossible to lift, I seriously need to start working on my arms, although I imagine by the time I have finished lugging her about I will look like Popeye! 
And the struggle of getting those clips together to plug in, easy at first, harder when they insist on wriggling like its some sort of game. 
"Please sit still while mummy tries to keep you safe and plugged in!"
*Wriggle, wriggle, kick!*

2. Dummies
They are slippery little buggers!!! You have finished sterilising the 95 dummies you have collected over time and she pops them out her mouth like a tennis ball machine!!! You have 1 left which you guard with your life, then *POP* she fires it at you like a bullet, the amount of times I feel like I'm on the show The Cube and I am on my final life to catch that ball fired at you at 100mph! It hits one hand then the other and I look like a crazy juggling clown! YES I caught it! 
And how do they go missing, one minute I have a box full and the next I'm missing 12 dummies, I mean where the heck could they be! Now I know how Jamie feels when he insists someone has stolen all of his socks. There IS a thief in our house!!! Oh no....the dummies are hanging on the washing line and the socks are in the babies mouth! ...... Only kidding!

3. Baby Carriers/Slings
Firstly I would like to apologise to the shop assistant who spent the best part of an hour helping me try on every carrier they stocked and not buying one! 
How is there so many and how do they range from £20 up to £150?! Surely they just carry your baby while you wear it! WRONG!
Some have the "cheap" clips and some have super easy sliding clips! Some have a pocket and some have a hood to put on your babies head if there's a bit of rain (you don't put it on your own head as I found out, if you do you won't be able to see...I shall say no more on that experiment). 
Some were just easier to put on yourself, while others it was like a lonely game of Twister! 

4. Getting your baby back from people
All I can say is when a woman holds my baby, to pass them back to me there is a lot of accidental boob touching, accidentally having peoples clothes with my baby and exposing their bellies and awkward struggles to support every part of the baby without dropping her on the pass over! 
All I do is apologise!
"Sorry I almost flashed you to the world"
"Sorry for pulling your long hair"
"Sorry for groping your breasts"

5. Poppers
This is a big one for me! It's the smallest things that annoy us the most sometimes and this one really, really annoys me!
Poppers on sleep suits, vests, Grobags, tops and anything else they decide to put them on. 
I have a daily fight with these little plastic fasteners, why do I struggle so much with them? I push them together and they don't do up, by the time I have done them all up my fingers hurt and my mothering ability seems amateur. You'd think after continuously doing these up for the last 9 weeks I'd have the hang of it, but I still don't. 
And undoing them, the other day I had to really wrestle just to undo one, it would not budge and my patience was slowly fading. I pulled it so hard the baby nearly got bashed with the force I had to use! 
They make me so angry!!!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jab Day

Jab Day The day all mum's dread - jab day! The thought of our tiny person being jabbed and hurt is not something we want our precious bundle of joy to go through, but is necessary to keep them well and healthy.  One day she will understand - actually, no she won't because thankfully she won't remember these first few doses of pain.  I wasn't too worried about taking her for them, me and needles don't mind each other and I feel if I keep the same attitude around her when she receives them then hopefully she will grow up with the same view. First appointment of the day is our six week check up, which is actually at eight weeks (?) and I lug her up the stairs in her car seat to the doctors room. The rate she is growing I won't be able to lift her in it soon!!! I need to start doing some bicep curls (with a glass of wine of course).  The doctor was certainly a character and liked to get to point. Dr - "Does she eat, sleep, see and hear?&quo

Party Girl

Party Girl My Gran's birthday party, I had been looking forward to it so much and it didn't fail to be a fantastic evening! With so many family members there and half of which Mia had not met yet. I dressed her in a beautiful pink and blue dress ready to impress. Me and Jamie didn't really need to worry about what we wore because everyone would be looking at her.  From the moment we arrived she was cradled by loving relatives. The smiles she brings to the faces of the people I love was beautiful, I felt so proud and lucky.  Before I knew it I had a list of people requesting they get the next cuddle with our daughter. "Come over to us next, we want a cuddle?" There I was getting ready for my cuddles, but each time they meant my daughter! She was hogging all the attention!!! Where the heck are my cuddles!!!!  Ha - only kidding! From one relative to the next my baby was going from person to person like 'pass the parcel' but she was loving