Skip to main content

A Musical To A Disaster

A Musical To A Disaster


Time wasters - complete and utter time wasters. That's how many people explain babies when they stand gazing at mine. They are so right, there she is, our own creation, a new human being to add to the millions of others living in the world. 
So peaceful, so quiet, so cute!

It's such an amazing feeling becoming a mum, you never know the true love you feel until you have a child to love, care for and cherish. Whether you give birth naturally, via c-section or adopt, they are your precious bundle of cuteness. Yours to show off to the world. 

I look back at the first moments of her life and see just how tiny she really was! How so much awaited from that point on and so much still does. People often express their disbelief at how fast the time really does pass so incredibly quickly. 

"You'll blink and it's gone"
"Cherish every moment, they grow up so fast"

10 weeks down the line and it feels like it's already whizzing by us. How did people manage before, pictures weren't taken every day, you couldn't just whip your phone out and browse through the thousands of photos you had taken over the first few months, just the odd one here and there, but the memories were the real joy. Even with all of these photos as proof of firsts, lasts and growth, the memories will never be deleted! Precious memories which really will last a life time. But thank you any way Apple for bringing me my iPhone with plenty of memory to store my own memories and a not too shabby camera attached to it to allow me to snap every fart, giggle and cry. Oh and for the flash - which if I forget is on I nearly blind my own child! 

Anyway, back to the point. 

People look at her, in her peaceful moments and coo over how cute she is and alas! The child wakes from her strange little dream she was having to greet these viewers with a cry.

"Ah yes, I'd forgotten that sound"
"Aw bless her"
"But she is still so cute"

Then they leave me! Left with my crying baby. One minute she is cute and they can't get enough and then before you know it they are running for the hills with a slight skip in their step singing - 

'The hills are alive with the sound of crying, 
With songs I can sing to save my ears,
The hills fill my heart with the sound of crying,
My heart wants me to run away from it'

Well cheers then! 
Not so cute anymore, aye! 
Try being me at home, yes she is very cute and peaceful. But there is no hill running for me when she cries. Just a large glass of wine (water really, but I can pretend....) and some ear plugs. 

It's like being on a ship in the middle of no-where taking in the view, the serenity, the peace and then boom a storm rolls in!

"It's coming!!!! Run for your life!!! Take shelter!!!"

The next thing you know your ship has a leak, waters coming from everywhere, you try and save yourself from sinking with it but the water keeps coming. Clothes are saturated, surfaces destroyed and you are fighting a losing battle against this leaking ship! The ship starts to throw itself from side to side as you try and patch it up to avoid any further leaking, then you realise the ship is running low on fuel! Quick grab all the fuel you can find and fill it back up! Ship re-fuelled, a few hours pass, calm has returned right up until...... there she blows!!!! 

Now before you leave my blog thinking "she has completely lost it" follow the next step and re-read that last paragraph!

Replace the word 'ship' with 'baby' and you will see my logic.

As you can tell, it's been a long day! 

P.s. - the babies top lies!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jab Day

Jab Day The day all mum's dread - jab day! The thought of our tiny person being jabbed and hurt is not something we want our precious bundle of joy to go through, but is necessary to keep them well and healthy.  One day she will understand - actually, no she won't because thankfully she won't remember these first few doses of pain.  I wasn't too worried about taking her for them, me and needles don't mind each other and I feel if I keep the same attitude around her when she receives them then hopefully she will grow up with the same view. First appointment of the day is our six week check up, which is actually at eight weeks (?) and I lug her up the stairs in her car seat to the doctors room. The rate she is growing I won't be able to lift her in it soon!!! I need to start doing some bicep curls (with a glass of wine of course).  The doctor was certainly a character and liked to get to point. Dr - "Does she eat, sleep, see and hear?&quo

Party Girl

Party Girl My Gran's birthday party, I had been looking forward to it so much and it didn't fail to be a fantastic evening! With so many family members there and half of which Mia had not met yet. I dressed her in a beautiful pink and blue dress ready to impress. Me and Jamie didn't really need to worry about what we wore because everyone would be looking at her.  From the moment we arrived she was cradled by loving relatives. The smiles she brings to the faces of the people I love was beautiful, I felt so proud and lucky.  Before I knew it I had a list of people requesting they get the next cuddle with our daughter. "Come over to us next, we want a cuddle?" There I was getting ready for my cuddles, but each time they meant my daughter! She was hogging all the attention!!! Where the heck are my cuddles!!!!  Ha - only kidding! From one relative to the next my baby was going from person to person like 'pass the parcel' but she was loving

5 Things I Hate About Parenting

5 Things I Hate About Parenting Don't worry, one of my hates is not my own child...not today anyway! I love being a parent, I could never have imagined just how much I would enjoy it, but since it started I have slowly built up a small list of things that really do get on my nerves! I'm sure I'm not the only one.  1. Car Seats They do a brilliant job of keeping your tiny person safe, but boy are they heavy and as your baby piles on the pounds the two combined seems near impossible to lift, I seriously need to start working on my arms, although I imagine by the time I have finished lugging her about I will look like Popeye!  And the struggle of getting those clips together to plug in, easy at first, harder when they insist on wriggling like its some sort of game.  "Please sit still while mummy tries to keep you safe and plugged in!" *Wriggle, wriggle, kick!* 2. Dummies They are slippery little buggers!!! You have finished sterilising the