Skip to main content

Bless You My Child!

Bless You My Child!


Since birth she has been a snuffly baby, I was sure she had my cold but the midwives insisted she wouldn't. It was horrible to know she was bunged up and I couldn't help - my fingers were too big to pick the boogers out of her tiny little nostrils! I hate having a stuffy nose myself, now I also hated her having one too! 

It turned out in the end she either had a cold the whole time or ended up getting one. No temperature though so that was a relief. 

We had different advice given to us to help clear her nose:
1. Tickle her nose with a tissue;
2. Use a bit of cotton wool inside her nose;
3. Hold her up to a light;
4. Put my mouth over her nose and suck the boggies out.

Safe to say #4 was avoided at all costs! Plus, if I sucked too hard would her brain come out too!?
The winning choice was #2 and #3 together! The sneezing commenced! But how on earth were those giant balls of goo coming out of her nose, they were the size of her head!

The best boggies were what I like to explain like the game 'Whack a Mole', she breathes out - they appear, she breathes in - they disappear. Don't worry, I wasn't planning on whacking her in the nose every time one appeared, I only play that version with Jamie! It was a race against the boogers! On your marks, get set, GRAB! 

Then came the sneezing fits. It was never just one sneeze, this girl was a champion sneezer! The record of sneezes in a row was seven! This wasn't just from having a cold, she is always sneezing and it never gets any less cute. The one downfall to the cuteness of this sneezing was the snoring. Cute during the day, annoying when I am trying to sleep. 

I decided to try and video her sneezing so I always had a preview of how cute she really is when she does it. Then once I had done that I thought I would take some pictures of her looking all cute and cuddly, during one photo she sneezed and the outcome was disgusting! One photo of snot hanging out my childs nostril, Jamie was at work so I did the kindest thing I could think of and send him the photo. Hope he wasn't eating at the time! 

Just be grateful you only have the mental image of it and not the actual photo - as tempting as it was to post it at the end of this blog!

*On a more serious note, for anyone with a stuffy baby, Snufflebabe Nasal Drops helped a lot and I still use them now, really helps clear her nose and loosen any blockage. just be prepared for the grabbing!* http://www.snufflebabe.co.uk/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jab Day

Jab Day The day all mum's dread - jab day! The thought of our tiny person being jabbed and hurt is not something we want our precious bundle of joy to go through, but is necessary to keep them well and healthy.  One day she will understand - actually, no she won't because thankfully she won't remember these first few doses of pain.  I wasn't too worried about taking her for them, me and needles don't mind each other and I feel if I keep the same attitude around her when she receives them then hopefully she will grow up with the same view. First appointment of the day is our six week check up, which is actually at eight weeks (?) and I lug her up the stairs in her car seat to the doctors room. The rate she is growing I won't be able to lift her in it soon!!! I need to start doing some bicep curls (with a glass of wine of course).  The doctor was certainly a character and liked to get to point. Dr - "Does she eat, sleep, see and hear?&quo

Party Girl

Party Girl My Gran's birthday party, I had been looking forward to it so much and it didn't fail to be a fantastic evening! With so many family members there and half of which Mia had not met yet. I dressed her in a beautiful pink and blue dress ready to impress. Me and Jamie didn't really need to worry about what we wore because everyone would be looking at her.  From the moment we arrived she was cradled by loving relatives. The smiles she brings to the faces of the people I love was beautiful, I felt so proud and lucky.  Before I knew it I had a list of people requesting they get the next cuddle with our daughter. "Come over to us next, we want a cuddle?" There I was getting ready for my cuddles, but each time they meant my daughter! She was hogging all the attention!!! Where the heck are my cuddles!!!!  Ha - only kidding! From one relative to the next my baby was going from person to person like 'pass the parcel' but she was loving

5 Things I Hate About Parenting

5 Things I Hate About Parenting Don't worry, one of my hates is not my own child...not today anyway! I love being a parent, I could never have imagined just how much I would enjoy it, but since it started I have slowly built up a small list of things that really do get on my nerves! I'm sure I'm not the only one.  1. Car Seats They do a brilliant job of keeping your tiny person safe, but boy are they heavy and as your baby piles on the pounds the two combined seems near impossible to lift, I seriously need to start working on my arms, although I imagine by the time I have finished lugging her about I will look like Popeye!  And the struggle of getting those clips together to plug in, easy at first, harder when they insist on wriggling like its some sort of game.  "Please sit still while mummy tries to keep you safe and plugged in!" *Wriggle, wriggle, kick!* 2. Dummies They are slippery little buggers!!! You have finished sterilising the