Skip to main content

On Your Marks...

On Your Marks...


Get set...... GO!

You have 12 minutes and 39 seconds to complete one lap of the house with a hoover, wash 3 plates, 4 forks and 7 teaspoons! Find 5 mugs dotted around the house in secret locations by Jamie. Sterilise 3 baby bottles and 14 dummies (after finding the dummies). Pick up 5 dog poo's (apparently I feed them too much - how can they do this many in 2 hours?!) and hang out the washing!

I start with the hoover, this brings with it a time wasting mission, rounding my two dogs up so they don't keep biting it. This would be easier if one of my dogs couldn't open every dam door in the house. 
Dogs rounded up and hoovering continues, only to then suck up one of Jamie's many socks which he insists on dotting around the house and then denies doing so. 
Sock removed and I once again continue, dog opens the door and bites my hoover... 

Hoovering finally completed, one down, five to go. 

After washing the dishes I go on the hunt for the missing mugs, I mean how can one man lose so many mugs! How can one of these mugs be upside down on the floor... just.... 

Breathe!!!! Stay calm, it's just a mug....

I grab a clothe and get scrubbing my carpet, how am I supposed to do all these things in the given time when so many new things arise, they interrupt my already long to-do list and cause lengthy additions. 

I am still missing three mugs!!! 

To the man cave I go - there in the garage are not 1, not 2, not 3 but 6 more mugs! I didn't even remember owning these, it's safe to say what ever is growing inside of them no amount of Fairy liquid will ever remove! In the bin they go! Is it that hard to bring a mug upstairs...I feel my blood pressure rise....

Breathe!!!! Stay calm, it's just 6 mugs....

Okay! Next up the sterilising, I look at my watch...WHAT! It's been 12 minutes and 30 seconds, I watch the last few seconds tick by like the end of a football match and I am about to take the winning shot, the shot to make history, the shot that wins the longest battle ever known.....

And she is awake, screaming like her life depends on it. My day dream of that shot comes to an abrupt end. 9 seconds of knowing that I was out of time. 

But then it dawned on me, why had I been so stupid?! Why, oh why had I prioritised so wrong. Why was she awake....because she wanted feeding....what was number four on my list - to sterilise the bottles. Oh no! How could I be so stupid! 

There was my baby, staring at me in a hoovered, sockless, mugless room with her mum, the idiot that managed to tidy a room but not sterilise her bottles knowing she was due a feed so soon. She knew what she had to do to punish me, and so did I. 

Scream!

She screamed, I screamed (in my head), she cried, I tried not to cry. 
The dogs came in carrying twigs and one of Jamie's wrappers from upstairs and shredded them all on my newly hoovered floor. 

Baby giggles, dogs bark, mum accepts defeat.

The title to my blog - I may need to change it. 

Mum 0 - Baby 1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jab Day

Jab Day The day all mum's dread - jab day! The thought of our tiny person being jabbed and hurt is not something we want our precious bundle of joy to go through, but is necessary to keep them well and healthy.  One day she will understand - actually, no she won't because thankfully she won't remember these first few doses of pain.  I wasn't too worried about taking her for them, me and needles don't mind each other and I feel if I keep the same attitude around her when she receives them then hopefully she will grow up with the same view. First appointment of the day is our six week check up, which is actually at eight weeks (?) and I lug her up the stairs in her car seat to the doctors room. The rate she is growing I won't be able to lift her in it soon!!! I need to start doing some bicep curls (with a glass of wine of course).  The doctor was certainly a character and liked to get to point. Dr - "Does she eat, sleep, see and hear?&quo

Party Girl

Party Girl My Gran's birthday party, I had been looking forward to it so much and it didn't fail to be a fantastic evening! With so many family members there and half of which Mia had not met yet. I dressed her in a beautiful pink and blue dress ready to impress. Me and Jamie didn't really need to worry about what we wore because everyone would be looking at her.  From the moment we arrived she was cradled by loving relatives. The smiles she brings to the faces of the people I love was beautiful, I felt so proud and lucky.  Before I knew it I had a list of people requesting they get the next cuddle with our daughter. "Come over to us next, we want a cuddle?" There I was getting ready for my cuddles, but each time they meant my daughter! She was hogging all the attention!!! Where the heck are my cuddles!!!!  Ha - only kidding! From one relative to the next my baby was going from person to person like 'pass the parcel' but she was loving

5 Things I Hate About Parenting

5 Things I Hate About Parenting Don't worry, one of my hates is not my own child...not today anyway! I love being a parent, I could never have imagined just how much I would enjoy it, but since it started I have slowly built up a small list of things that really do get on my nerves! I'm sure I'm not the only one.  1. Car Seats They do a brilliant job of keeping your tiny person safe, but boy are they heavy and as your baby piles on the pounds the two combined seems near impossible to lift, I seriously need to start working on my arms, although I imagine by the time I have finished lugging her about I will look like Popeye!  And the struggle of getting those clips together to plug in, easy at first, harder when they insist on wriggling like its some sort of game.  "Please sit still while mummy tries to keep you safe and plugged in!" *Wriggle, wriggle, kick!* 2. Dummies They are slippery little buggers!!! You have finished sterilising the