Skip to main content

Party Girl

Party Girl

My Gran's birthday party, I had been looking forward to it so much and it didn't fail to be a fantastic evening! With so many family members there and half of which Mia had not met yet. I dressed her in a beautiful pink and blue dress ready to impress. Me and Jamie didn't really need to worry about what we wore because everyone would be looking at her. 
From the moment we arrived she was cradled by loving relatives. The smiles she brings to the faces of the people I love was beautiful, I felt so proud and lucky. 
Before I knew it I had a list of people requesting they get the next cuddle with our daughter.

"Come over to us next, we want a cuddle?"

There I was getting ready for my cuddles, but each time they meant my daughter! She was hogging all the attention!!! Where the heck are my cuddles!!!!  Ha - only kidding!

From one relative to the next my baby was going from person to person like 'pass the parcel' but she was loving it. New faces to see, new voices to listen to. Considering there was food everywhere she didn't even sniff it out and start crying! What a star!

I was like a chauffeur, a body guard, a sheep following her popularity. 
In the end I tried sneaking off to eat before she noticed that Mummy was eating without her, I managed two mouth fulls and was called back over for the next viewing of my daughters cute face and beaming smile. The waiters tried to take my still full plate as everyone had finished eating over an hour ago - I was like the seagulls off of Finding Nemo - MINE, MINE, MINE! 

The first night I have had a drink in almost a year and it lasted over 2 hours, safe to say the second went down quicker while Jamie took over body guard duties. I was so proud of him, he is such a natural with our daughter and mingled well in a room of people he had only met once or twice. He did much better than I would have if the roles were reversed. 

She was getting a bit warm, but still not grumpy, so I took her outside which is where I realised all the kids were, enjoying the warm summers evening while it was here. Good for them! 
My lovely cousin was having a cuddle with my tiny person when the kids noticed and I was laughed at as I re-entered the party indoors with a queue of kids tailing me to have a hold of this tiny person! One would sit in the chair and hold her then probably realise she doesn't do anything other than look around and passed her back to me to swap places with the next kid in the queue. They were all so good with her and very careful. 

Not many people get to say this but Mia met not one, not two, not three but four generations! 
Mia had met a Great, Great, Great Aunty! What an amazing thing to be able to say. 

But lets not forget, she got the joys (and so did I) of having her Great Aunty Claire to have cuddles with, otherwise known as 'The Baby Whisperer" and that she was! After 4 hours of being there she got a tiny bit grumbly, but panic not - Great Aunty Whisperer was there to save the day! Which meant Mummy could go and mingle, carrying her drink in place of baby! (I did not hold the drink the same as the baby, then it would have been all down me and that just doesn't have the same affect). And baby could be calmed by a pure natural!

What a fantastic evening! Happy Birthday Gran!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jab Day

Jab Day The day all mum's dread - jab day! The thought of our tiny person being jabbed and hurt is not something we want our precious bundle of joy to go through, but is necessary to keep them well and healthy.  One day she will understand - actually, no she won't because thankfully she won't remember these first few doses of pain.  I wasn't too worried about taking her for them, me and needles don't mind each other and I feel if I keep the same attitude around her when she receives them then hopefully she will grow up with the same view. First appointment of the day is our six week check up, which is actually at eight weeks (?) and I lug her up the stairs in her car seat to the doctors room. The rate she is growing I won't be able to lift her in it soon!!! I need to start doing some bicep curls (with a glass of wine of course).  The doctor was certainly a character and liked to get to point. Dr - "Does she eat, sleep, see and hear?&quo

5 Things I Hate About Parenting

5 Things I Hate About Parenting Don't worry, one of my hates is not my own child...not today anyway! I love being a parent, I could never have imagined just how much I would enjoy it, but since it started I have slowly built up a small list of things that really do get on my nerves! I'm sure I'm not the only one.  1. Car Seats They do a brilliant job of keeping your tiny person safe, but boy are they heavy and as your baby piles on the pounds the two combined seems near impossible to lift, I seriously need to start working on my arms, although I imagine by the time I have finished lugging her about I will look like Popeye!  And the struggle of getting those clips together to plug in, easy at first, harder when they insist on wriggling like its some sort of game.  "Please sit still while mummy tries to keep you safe and plugged in!" *Wriggle, wriggle, kick!* 2. Dummies They are slippery little buggers!!! You have finished sterilising the