Skip to main content

Twinkle Twinkle

Twinkle Twinkle


Gazing at the ceiling in a complete trance, my baby was staring at nothing - as you do...
I waved my hand above her face, clicking my fingers to get her attention, what on earth was so fascinating?!
The lights! She was staring long and hard at the lights! I did the same and then all I could see was spots, she was going to blind herself!!! Okay, a bit exagerrated but if I carried on looking too I sure as hell was going to go blind or get a migraine!

This new fascination kept her very quiet.

What's the true meaning of quiet you ask? I hadn't known either until I witnessed a countless number of hours of continuous screaming, now I know the true meaning of peace/silence/quiet. It's when your baby finally stops crying and you mistake the moment for becoming deaf. You start tapping hollow objects just to be sure you can actually still hear and your baby hasn't permanently damaged your ear drums. That's the true meaning of quiet when you become a mum.

We were on the hunt for anything with lights, no matter the cost, it was worth it to keep her amused and us sane!

There's a lot of things out there to choose from we didn't know where to start. I keep contemplating putting the christmas tree up with the fairy lights, tinsel and balls shining at her all day and night. We could just sit her infront of the tree in her self swinging seat and sit at a distance making sure not to disturb it....I mean her!

We already had a projector which spins a picture on the ceiling, she does love that, but it wasn't enough, we needed more! So I bought one that shines stars on the ceiling and changes colour. This was crap to be honest with you, you can only see them if its the middle of the night and pitch black, early evening is no good, I was disappointed but kept it anyway. So now I needed something else.

Next up, the amazing activity gym. I visited my cousins house and she had kindly got this play gym out for her to lie on, the giggles and enjoyment she got out of it was wonderful! So it had to be done. The next day off I went to Exeter to buy one! Argos had a four day wait, I couldn't wait for something that amused her so much and helped keep her from getting bored. This activity gym is a play mat with a bar looping over it that lights up different colours AND you can see these lights in the day time thank god!

The problem is we can't take it everywhere we go, so when I visit mum and dad's and she won't stop crying it turns out the only thing that will keep her quiet is the living room light. So there dad is holding her up to the light, then she would calm down, so he would sit back down and it began again, the crying...he spent half an hour holding her up to the light, then hoping she had calmed down enough to sit down, only to have been fooled by the silence and having to stand again until his arms ached!


So if we come to visit you and I ask to turn your lights on please understand and don't worry I will leave 20p on the way out for the use of your electric.

Next stop....to walk around the lamp section in B and Q.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jab Day

Jab Day The day all mum's dread - jab day! The thought of our tiny person being jabbed and hurt is not something we want our precious bundle of joy to go through, but is necessary to keep them well and healthy.  One day she will understand - actually, no she won't because thankfully she won't remember these first few doses of pain.  I wasn't too worried about taking her for them, me and needles don't mind each other and I feel if I keep the same attitude around her when she receives them then hopefully she will grow up with the same view. First appointment of the day is our six week check up, which is actually at eight weeks (?) and I lug her up the stairs in her car seat to the doctors room. The rate she is growing I won't be able to lift her in it soon!!! I need to start doing some bicep curls (with a glass of wine of course).  The doctor was certainly a character and liked to get to point. Dr - "Does she eat, sleep, see and hear?&quo

Party Girl

Party Girl My Gran's birthday party, I had been looking forward to it so much and it didn't fail to be a fantastic evening! With so many family members there and half of which Mia had not met yet. I dressed her in a beautiful pink and blue dress ready to impress. Me and Jamie didn't really need to worry about what we wore because everyone would be looking at her.  From the moment we arrived she was cradled by loving relatives. The smiles she brings to the faces of the people I love was beautiful, I felt so proud and lucky.  Before I knew it I had a list of people requesting they get the next cuddle with our daughter. "Come over to us next, we want a cuddle?" There I was getting ready for my cuddles, but each time they meant my daughter! She was hogging all the attention!!! Where the heck are my cuddles!!!!  Ha - only kidding! From one relative to the next my baby was going from person to person like 'pass the parcel' but she was loving

5 Things I Hate About Parenting

5 Things I Hate About Parenting Don't worry, one of my hates is not my own child...not today anyway! I love being a parent, I could never have imagined just how much I would enjoy it, but since it started I have slowly built up a small list of things that really do get on my nerves! I'm sure I'm not the only one.  1. Car Seats They do a brilliant job of keeping your tiny person safe, but boy are they heavy and as your baby piles on the pounds the two combined seems near impossible to lift, I seriously need to start working on my arms, although I imagine by the time I have finished lugging her about I will look like Popeye!  And the struggle of getting those clips together to plug in, easy at first, harder when they insist on wriggling like its some sort of game.  "Please sit still while mummy tries to keep you safe and plugged in!" *Wriggle, wriggle, kick!* 2. Dummies They are slippery little buggers!!! You have finished sterilising the